Retorts have an internal environment of high temperature and pressure created by steam, water, and oxygen. When excessive harmful chloride ions are present inside, or even on the outside of the retort, regardless of how the ions were introduced, they act as a catalyst for starting and accelerating corrosion in stainless steel during the retort cycle. The Allpax corrosion inspection program helps reduce safety risks and productivity loss associated with premature pressure vessel failure due to stress-corrosion cracking, crevice corrosion, pitting, and other types of corrosion in both stainless-steel and carbon-steel retorts.
The Allpax 40-point inspection is a non-destructive examination of American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) installed pressure vessels per API 510 certified inspector guidelines. The inspection includes a total of 40 evaluations within the following 7 focus areas:
- Quick opening door evaluation and inspection
- Internal vessel shell structural evaluation
- External vessel shell structural evaluation
- Water sample evaluation
- On-stream inspection points
- Visual damage assessment, including images of problem areas
- Current state of Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) programs
Based on the examination, Allpax provides a corrective action plan to ensure the integrity of the pressure vessel meets or exceeds code requirements.
Contact us today to find out more about our Corrosion Inspection Program.