Automated Batch Retort Systems
Automated Batch Retort Systems (ABRS) are defined as fully automated and completely integrated batch sterilization systems that include package loading and unloading equipment, multiple batch retorts, a retort delivery system, and a control system which facilitates communication and coordination across all the equipment so that in effect there is virtually a continuous flow of product going into and coming out of the system. And a completely automated system, regardless of the size, usually only requires one or two people to operate/supervise the entire system. Allpax is one of a few in the world, and the only retort manufacturer in North America who designs, manufactures, and fully supports all the equipment that comprises an Automated Batch Retort System, including:
- Retorts/Autoclaves- many different diameters, lengths, types of process delivery methods and features are available to best suit current and future package, product and throughput needs.
- All retorts include a feature-rich and intuitive control system / interface package that meets or exceeds FDA record keeping requirements of 21 CFR Part 11
- Product/Package Loading and Unloading Equipment:
- Sweep or Pick and Place style systems- for handling rigid or semi-rigid containers such as cans, glass jars/bottles or plastic bottles/bowls.
- Pick and Place (Robotic or Gantry) style systems- for handling flexible or semi-flexible containers such as pouches and other fragile containers that are made from fiber or plastic materials.
- Retort Delivery Systems- for delivering baskets or tray stacks to and from the retorts and the loading/unloading system(s). And potentially for loading and unloading the retorts:
- Conveyor Systems
- Shuttle Systems
- Automated Guided Vehicle Systems
- Basket / Tray Stack Tracking Systems- provides traffic control logic and tracking of every basket or tray stack to ensure that unprocessed or improperly processed containers are not unloaded and sent downstream to packaging. This tracking hardware and software provides a safety barrier which prevents unprocessed or under processed (deviated) product from entering the food chain.
All Allpax ABRS equipment is fully tested and operated at production speed prior to shipment ensuring a fast and seamless start-up process. Our customers are encouraged to attend factory acceptance tests (FAT’s) prior to delivery of their ABRS, or any individual piece of retort or material handling equipment we manufacture.